Monday, February 20, 2012

Dresser Reveal

After so long without a post, I thought you guys deserved 2 posts in one day! Here is the dresser that I finished weeks ago now. I absolutely love the way it turned out!

So it started out as a white dresser that my mother-in-law gave us when they moved. As I was sanding it, I discovered that it was originally that fake wood grain stuff and had been painted white. Which was lucky for me because it meant I didn't have to prime it! I used a yellow test-pot that I got when I was trying to decide what color to paint my kitchen. After using it on my dresser, I almost wish I had chosen this color instead!



After sanding it down, I wiped it clean and then went straight to the yellow paint. It went on great and I had enough in my little test pot to even get two coats on. Once the yellow paint dried, I pulled out some Minwax stain in Dark Walnut and wiped it on and then wiped it off.
It toned down the yellow and gave it a ton of character. I've never tried this before but will definitely be using this technique again. After letting that dry for a while, like a day, I put on a poly top coat or two and used the martha stewart cup pulls that I originally got for "the thing" and the best part was that I didn't even need to drill new holes because the were the same size as the ones that were on it previously!

And here she is!


I even had so much extra space after cleaning out my clothes that I turned the top drawer into a space to hide my watches, jewelry box, etc. That cleared a lot of clutter off of our little table




And I don't recommend painting, staining, anything around a dog with this much hair!


Thanks for reading!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment